Richard E. Johnson
Rick is a consultant specializing in workforce and human resource issues, strategic planning, health and productivity initiatives and employee benefits. He has over 30 years of consulting and project management experience and works with public, private, not-for-profit and Taft-Hartley clients. In 1997, he co-founded Partners In Performance (PINP) to provide customised total compensation solutions to drive growth and profitability for clients. He has primarily focused on bringing business acumen to HR initiatives and enhancing work force health and productivity. This includes building business case models for HR initiatives, collaborating with finance, marketing, manufacturing and EH&S opersations, and employing predictive analytics to drive organizational and behavioral change.
Rick served as the U.S. Flex Health Group practice leader for The Mercer Companies. In that capacity, he ran the largest health consulting practice in the world and also served as the primary consultant for a number of clients. He created and implemented a strategic busines plan, oversaw the development of consulting services and products, and developed and implemented marketing plans.
Rick is a member of the US Board for Mercer Companies, a member of the Advisory Board of consumer Health Advisors, a member of the Advisory Board of the Center of Employee Health, Univeristy of Illinois at Chicago, and an advisor to WiserTogether, Inc. He has a BA from Pacific Lutheran University and is a frequent writer and speaker on human resources and health-related initatives.
He has hands-on experience in successfully completing the following projects and initiatives:
- Designing and implementing a health and productivity program integrating absence, health, disability and workers compensation management
- Designing and implementing a health and productivity program incorporating safety, absence, health, disability, workers compensation, prevention and wellness
- Designing and implementing an econometric model to incorporate all health-related programs into one financial model for projections and ROI calculations
- Designing and implementing a health management program that included program redesign, clinical interventions tailored to work force and prevention programs
- Developing a client-driven process to systematically review all HR programs and services, prioritize each and implement in a phased-in approach
- Assisting with managed health and managed care programs
- Developing communications tools to capture all key audiences and weigh the success factor of each
- Developing process mapping and administrative procedures for various applications
- Conducting comparison of benefit studies, including contribution studies
- Conducting strategic planning sessions, and training and development seminars